Four people have read me! Yay! Word count 41,243 (wp) 53,500 (pr)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 11:39 PM

So, four people have read my blog so far! I'm hardly setting the world alight, but hey, we all have to start somewhere. If there's one thing I have, it's perseverence. If I believe in something I'll stick with it until I achieve what I wanted. So, I shall keep blogging away here as long as I feel it has some value to me, even if no-one reads it. This journal is as much for my own posterity as it is for communication with others.

Talking of perseverence, I guess that's the one thing that gets novels written. I have started novels many times before, only to quit because I lost faith in them. If I can keep my faith in CONDUIT, then I will complete it.

The story is beginning the upward arc before charging into its climax. Imagine a rollercoaster - we've just started on the climb up to the summit of its last great peak, with the final plummet on the other side. We're not there yet. Other things have to fall into place, certain actions need to be taken, a final desperate ploy by the antagonist must occur to provoke the final confrontation. But we're on that climb, the big greasy chain is pulling us up the tracks in preparation for throwing us over the other side.

And you know what? I'm excited. I want to know what happens. I know more or less how we're going to get there, and roughly what form that final showdown will take, but I want to know what my three key characters will do. My protagonist has just had his epiphany leading him into direct conflict with the antagonist. The antagonist sees it coming and he's getting ready for action. The third character, the centre of the conflict, is undergoing an awakening of her own and who knows what she'll do when it all comes to a head? After all, she's the dangerous one...

In other words, some time in the next few thousand words it's all going to kick off.

I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home