My First Foreign Sale - to Japan!

Friday, August 08, 2008, 6:14 PM

Today I received word from Judith Weber (my agent Nat's business partner and wife, who handles the agency's foreign rights) that THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST has sold to Random House Kodansha in Japan.

This is a wonderful surprise, of course. Japan has long been on my list of places I hope to visit one day, and I have always been fascinated by its mix of ancient and ultra-modern culture. You never know, I might fulfil that ambition yet. :)

I'm also curious as to how some of the book's more colourful language and colloquialisms will translate...

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Holy molie! Nice one.

gb

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool -- congratulations!

One of my tech books was published in a Chinese edition. I can thumb through it and it won't make sense to me at all (ideographic characters)... except for the technical terms. Those were printed in plain old Roman characters, untranslated. Wonder if your "colorful" bits will go that way? :)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Chris Eldin said...

Awesome!!! Many congratulations!!!
:-)

11:48 PM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

*more fierce pom-pom rustling*

Congratulations again! I hope they invite you to come visit!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATONS!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations, again!!

A trip to Japan would be amazing.

10:52 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

wow! that's so fantastic! congratulations! and keep the good news coming!!

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also curious as to how some of the book's more colourful language and colloquialisms will translate...

LOL! Indeed. That in itself will be an experience for you. The way Japanese minds work is quite intriguing.

Awesome news (I got it from JJ). Wishing you the best!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stuart. The hits just keep on comin'!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

So cool!

4:28 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

Sorry, sorry, haven't been here in forever. But congratulations on everything!

Absolutely I'd like to option The Ghosts of Belfast. But Hollywood can afford more...

1:34 AM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks, everyone.

JES - Yes, it'll be interesting to see a copy of my own novel that makes no sense whatsoever. Then again, that might not be so different from when I'd just finished the first draft...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home