What I'm Doing on Wednesday

Monday, November 10, 2008, 9:35 PM

This Wednesday at 1:00pm I shall be in Queen's University's Seamus Heaney Centre being interrogated by Ian Sansom in front of an audience of ... oh, I'm sure it'll be thousands. It's the first time I'll have done anything like this, and as someone whom Queen's University rejected twice, albeit for music courses, I feel a little bit of a charlatan. So, if you happen to be in the Belfast area this Wednesday, do come along and throw money/rotten fruit/insults at your discretion. I believe it's open to all.

One small confession, though. The author Q&A is organised as part of NaNoWriMo, which has much to do with why I signed up. And so far, my NaNoWriMo isn't going that well. :(

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Great stuff! Looking forward to it, sir.

gb

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Wish I was in the country. I have a whole bushel basket of rotting fruit. :)

11:09 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

have fun and good luck. sorry about nano. i'm at 9k. which is 9k more than in october. =) i won't hit 50k, but i'm hoping for 20k? 25k maybe?

1:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hope the missiles miss. Good luck! :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

I'm sure you'll be brilliant, as usual.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Catherine @ Sharp Words said...

We weren't that mean, were we? And it's all good practice for all that promotional work you'll have to do next year... :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

"And so far, my NaNoWriMo isn't going that well."

Uh..... you're surprised? You wrote and finished a perfectly fine book without NaNo. Cut your losses, move on, and develop a managable writing schedule.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris Eldin said...

Regarding Nano, I applaud the participants, but it's not for me. Too frantic... So, I guess I'm with JD on this one.
:-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

stuart, don't let the sequel fears get to you. i'm nanoing 1k a day about, and very pleased with it. write however it comes and works for you, BUT write.

i'm writing through fear. and the spirit of nano (knowing so many others are writing) helps me. good luck! contracted sophomore novel blues--we all get them.

boy, do we.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Anne Sorgeson said...

So stinken jealous!!! I wish I could come support you but I umm kind of live too far away. Hope it goes well!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks, Anne, and thanks for your comment on the earlier post.

Catherine, I enjoyed it a lot, thanks for coming along. :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Darn I wish I could be there!

And don't worry about nano. Just write what you can. I conked out too! but I don't feel guilty.

I know you will be awesome!!!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wish I could see your talk! Sorry the Nano-ing isn't going as planned. Hopefully a late November wind will kick up your writing sails.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home