A new novel is underway - Word count 8060 (wp) 10,000 (pr)

Friday, March 02, 2007, 7:47 PM

Yes, I am writing a new novel. It is a development of the short story FOLLOWERS which you can find a few posts ago. I'm excited about this. I think it's a novel that will be exciting, thrilling, entertaining and all those good things, but will also have real depth. There are challenges involved, not least of all the fact that my protagonist is a monster. He has knowingly killed men, women and children. Can a reader sympathise with him? He is genuinely remorseful (the fact that his guilt manifests itself as his victims proves that) plus things will develop throughout the novel to bring out his humanity.

I've also got a zinger of an ending in store. It'll be action packed, but there is a twist that will come as a real punch to the gut - in a good way.

Of course, I'm now filled with self-doubt about whether or not I can finish another novel, even though I've already proven I can. The gargantuan task is daunting, and I can foresee many, many insanely late nights and a dwindling social life ahead of me. But it will be worth it. This is a story worth telling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home