A Birthday Gift from Thuglit

Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:28 PM

I got a nice birthday gift yesterday - an email saying my short story THE LAST DANCE will appear in issue 24 of Thuglit, out at the end of February.

I wrote this story last summer in between drafts of FOLLOWERS because I wanted to revisit the novel's protagonist. I posted it on Elektra's Crapometer where it got a mixed response ranging from the negative to the very positive. So it languished for a few months before I decided to dust it off just before Christmas and give it a quick spit and polish. I went back to the original critiques and the comments of three blogging friends (SSatS, McKoala and Chris) helped me knock it into shape. And lo and behold, it got accepted, so thanks guys. I'm excited to have a story in Thuglit because it's one of my favourite zines out there. I'll give a heads up when it appears.

Where I've been

I haven't been blogging, or doing much of anything, recently. This is because of an exceptionally busy time at work that has had me at my desk late most evenings and during weekends. I hope to get on top of things soon and see you folks on the other side. :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Woohoo! You know I've always been a fan of that one. Nice get.

11:38 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Brilliant! and Happy Birthday!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Precie said...

Congrats! And Happy Birthday!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Fantastic news and all the better because it's your birthday.

And congrats on the Moonrat win as well.

Yes, you've been missed in the blogosphere, but it looks like your time away from the Internet has meant more writing success - lessons for us all to learn perhaps, or at least me.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Nathan Bransford said...

Congrats on winning Moonrat's contest!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! And good for you for staying away from the blogs for awhile. It is not a bad thing!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks guys, and thanks for dropping by, Nathan.

9:41 AM  
Blogger McKoala said...

Congratulations on another story success. You're on fire!

11:40 PM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

Squee! Congratulations! *waves pom-poms*

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home