God Bless John Connolly, Part 2

Monday, December 01, 2008, 8:51 PM

I got a very pleasant surprise yesterday evening courtesy of John Connolly, via Declan Burke, by way of Jeremy Duns (whose debut Free Agent will appear next year). It seems this weekend's Irish Times ran a feature where various public figures, some literary, some otherwise, chose their books of 2008. One of those figures was John Connolly, and he said the following:

"Meanwhile, this was a good year for Irish crime fiction, with strong additions from Declan Hughes, Tana French, Paul Charles and Brian McGilloway, among others. I suspect, though, that one of the crime novels of the year in 2009 will be Stuart Neville's stunning debut, Twelve (Harvill Secker, £12.99), which is, I think, the best mystery to have emerged so far from the aftermath of the Troubles. I read it in a single sitting, and it marks a major step forward for the genre in this country."

I am happy.

The full article is here.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

What he said. :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger moonrat said...

squeeeee.

but when are we getting copiessssessss?!?! when is it coming out?!?!?

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

nice to be included in the best of 2008 when your book doesn't come out until next year. nice, very nice.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Jamie - That's a brilliant point. He could end up making the list twice!

Stuart - Congrats. Again.

gb

9:56 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

wow! the good news just keeps on rolling. how is the sequel writing going, stuart? any time you need to commiserate, email me! i'm plugging along. it's like pulling teeth. so painful...

10:24 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

That's amazing. You must be so excited about all this.

1:54 AM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

SQUEEEE! *flails pom-poms* That is so awesome!

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's brilliant that he said this and, as noted, doubly so when asked his views on 2008 novels! Sounds like he's really going out of his way to tell the world about - great stuff.

(Oh, and thanks for the mention!)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow. Just, wow. Does it get any better than that?

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to suspect you may have sold your soul to the Devil, RJ-style, for your polymathic abilities... Congratulations my friend.

6:26 PM  
Blogger MarieM said...

That's just fantastic. I can't wait to read your book. I'll try to look for it in the UK when I am over for the holidays.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Merry Monteleone said...

Oh my God, Stuart, that's fabulous!!!

And what Moonie said - just tell me where and when to line up for my copy :-)

Congratulations!!!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home