All Booked Up

Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 11:42 PM

So, the US tour is all booked up and confirmed, hotels sorted, and flights bought. I have to admit, I'm excited. And for various reasons.

As a musician, the one thing I always wanted to do was go on tour as a rock star. That didn't quite work out, but I get to do the next best thing, which is an author tour. Which is like a rock star tour, but with less drugs and guitars and debauchery and groupies and sex. At least, I imagine so.

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to meeting some people, chief amongst which is of course our very own Betsy Dornbusch, who has promised to let me do my laundry at her house. There's also a possibility of meeting Aerin while I'm in Denver, which will be very cool. Then there's Bouchercon where I hope to meet lots of authors whom I've encountered online over the last year or so.

So, all is good in my world.

On an unrelated note, I've been checking in to my nearest Eason's every time I've passed in recent days to see if they're selling THE TWELVE yet. They often have books out on the shelves before their official dates, and they've had John Connolly's THE LOVERS on display since last week, and it isn't out until a week after my book. But no sign of THE TWELVE. If anyone happens to see one for sale anywhere, do let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

How much laundry are we talking?

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which is like a rock star tour, but with less drugs and guitars and debauchery and groupies and sex.

Not if Betsy has anything to do with it.

There's also a possibility of meeting Aerin while I'm in Denver, which will be very cool.

Possibility? Possibility? Remember I have threatened to pout unto eternity if we can't at least have drinks. Although if Betsy makes good on the debauchery thing, I will no doubt be involved.

1:43 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I will make good on the debauchery, I swear.

Aerin, you want to come to MileHiCon?

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home