The Day After

Saturday, June 27, 2009, 8:55 PM

I'm sorry, I'm just too tired to write up a proper post on yesterday's launch of THE TWELVE at No Alibis in Belfast. I'll hopefully have mustered the energy to come up with a full report by tomorrow. In the meantime, I shall leave you with a few photos from the last twenty-four hours.

First up: On my way to Belfast, I stopped in at my nearest Eason's at Rushmere Shopping Centre in Craigavon. Eason's usually put books out before their release dates (unless it's Harry Potter or something), and I'd expected mine to be there before now. But yesterday, there they were, in all their glory. And they're in a primo front-of-store spot right at eye level - I saw them from outside as I was walking up. Here they are:



And this was the moment I've been waiting for - that moment when it clicks that I'm now a published author. It finally hit home. I was a little nervous when I asked the staff if I could sign stock, but I needn't have been - they were very kind and enthusiastic and brought armfuls of them to the counter for me to autograph.

Likewise the Belfast Eason's, though putting the book under 'Bestsellers' might have been a little premature - but I'm not complaining.



Then the very lovely Tamsin at the Belfast branch of Waterstone's, where THE TWELVE will be a book of the month for July, also let me sign stock (incidentally, I bumped into a certain mister John Connolly at Waterstone's as he also attacked a stack of books, pen in hand).



And then, of course, there was the main event: No Alibis. David Torrans had lots of stock for me to sign:




And David may also have had a little something-something I've been dropping hints about...


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

I absolutely want one of the limited editions. How? Where???

9:38 PM  
Blogger jjdebenedictis said...

Hurray, Stuart! That must have been such a thrill to see your books on display (face out!) in a bookstore.

I can't wait to get my copy in October!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Cate Gardner said...

Unbelievable shelf space. Congratulations.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Congratulations. What a start.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats, Stuart. Looks like you got a pretty serious rollout, and THE TWELVE appears right at home on the bestseller rack. Also, that limited edition is beautiful!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

My stomach flipped seeing all those books. Wow. You must be over the moon. Many, many congratulations.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Thanks everyone.

Betsy - more details to follow on the limited edition...

6:14 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow, oh wow! All those copies of YOUR book! I can only imagine how it must feel. And the limited edition is covetable-y gorgeous!!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home