Catch a(n Amazon) Rising Star and Put it in You Pocket...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 10:21 PM

Now that Declan Burke has put the Crime Always Pays blog out to stud, someone has to come up with cheesy puns for blog titles. It might as well be me.

Anyway, it's been a while - just over three weeks, in fact - and a busy three weeks it has been. Most of my time has been taken up by finishing the sequel to THE TWELVE (a.k.a. THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST), and giving it a very quick spit and polish before sending it to my agent, and a couple of critique angels. Now I am filled with dread, wondering what my agent Nat is going to think of it. Nat Sobel does not mince words, so I am bracing myself.

There has also been a rather splendid development, which I would like to illustrate with the following image:


THE TWELVE has been selected by Amazon UK's reading panel as one its eight Rising Stars for autumn 2009. Once every six months or so, Amazon chooses eight debut novels as part of the Rising Stars initiative to highlight new authors. I am delighted to be one of them. And there's more - at the end of the promotion, whichever book has the most good reviews will be deemed the winner! So, if you've read THE TWELVE, please do me a solid, and click here right now to see my Amazon page and submit your review. And as an extra favour, you could spread the word and encourage other people you know have read it to do the same. My book is the first to be featured, and the page includes a brief Q&A with yours truly.

In other news

More press reviews of THE TWELVE have been coming in, including the Sunday Tribune who said it was "A stunning first novel", while London Lite said it was "an unqualified triumph."

It may have escaped your attention, but the USA publication of THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST is fast creeping up. I've temporarily taken down the dedicated website for it with a view to revamping it in the coming days. I will have much more to say about that in the coming weeks, including getting all gushy and excited about the accompanying American tour where I will cross the entire continent just a few days, and meet lots of people I've been dying to meet for ages, including a certain Betsy Dornbusch, and hopefully Aerin Bender-Stone. Which is nice.

I'll make another blog post next week in which I will officially reveal a very poorly kept secret about an event in Belfast this coming November...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Congratulations and have fun in the States!

3:14 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

We're all gushy and excited over here, too. :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

i love all the good news!!!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Matt Craig said...

Your US publisher have obviously done a big push. Today's PW (Publisher's Weekly) Daily contains a nice ad right in the middle of the newsletter.

Congrats on the Rising Star, too.

Tomorrow, the world!

Matt

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Just wanted to let you know that I just got my copies of The Ghosts of Belfast today. It looks fantastic and has been bumped to as close to the top of my TBR pile as possible.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home