Twas the Night Before Publication...

Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 11:17 PM

Tomorrow, I will be officially published. I'm pretty sure I won't feel much different tomorrow than I do today; I've kind of had my epiphany moment when I first saw my book on the shelves of my local Eason's. I have no real observatiions to make, I'm afraid. Instead, here is an interview that was broadcast on BBC Radio Ulster earlier this evening:

Interview with Marie-Louise Muir on Arts Extra.

On an entirely unrelated note, I went to see Jeff Beck play at the Ulster Hall last night. It was one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to, despite the best efforts of a bouncer who interrupted Jeff's performance of, and the audience's pin-drop-silent attention to, Where Were You (an extremely difficult piece that I imagine requires Mr. Becks absolute concentration) by shouting at the audience members not to take photos. An arsehole, who deserves to be fired by the Ulster Hall's management.

Anyway, not only is Jeff Beck one of the greatest living electric guitarists, if not the best, he also has one the most extraordinary jazz-fusion bands behind him. Note the extraordinary Tal Wilkenfeld, who despite appearances is a little older than fifteen, and an incredible bassist:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

I saw such a grand guitarist tonight. He was playing with a "band on the bricks" a Wednesday night thing in Boulder featuring local bands. But you could FEEL him play. Incredible.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

Best guitarist I have ever seen live was Slash from GnR. that was 17 years ago.

Verification word: parti

2:09 PM  
Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Best wishes for a best seller!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home