Happy New Year

Monday, January 01, 2007, 1:20 PM

Just a quick post to say Happy New Year. My rewrite is still in progress and I'm roughly two thirds of the way through. After that, I'll read through again to see where I am.

Then after that ... it's time for someone else to read it. That's a terrifying thought! I have made the novel's existence known to a friend for the first time. Specifically, my best friend for over twenty years who happens to be a Doctor of Literature and a professional writer. I'm very lucky to have someone who (a) I can trust to be brutally honest and (b) actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to writing.

One small problem, which I discussed here before - the back story of my protagonist is loosely based on real events and my friend knows the people concerned. I've forewarned him, and I think it'll be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home