I am deflated

Thursday, December 21, 2006, 7:27 PM

So, I got shot down over at Miss Snark's Crapometer. I'm pretty gutted, but at least I got more than a "WTF?" or a "This sux!"

I'm determined not to let this setback bother me too much. Miss Snark made some very useful points, and I intend to implement them when I returen to the hook. However, I won't be doing that until the novel is at its final draft. I intend to work on my first proper rewrite starting next week, while I'm on holiday. After that, I'll play it by ear.

This has been a useful exercise, even if I was disappointed at the outcome. Writing the hook has helped me focus on what the novel's actually about. I willy apply what I've learned in rewrites.

If I don't post beforehand, Merry Christmas to all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home