Where does the time go? Word count 70,298 (wp) 89,750 (pr)

Friday, December 01, 2006, 1:04 AM

I just realised how long it is since i last posted. Not since Sunday. Well, I've been a busy boy. My novel just crested the 70,000 word peak (nearer 90,00 if you use printer's rule) making it the longest thing I've ever written by a long way.

So, where are we? The antagonist is in full swing, doing his worst, cutting a swathe through minor characters left right and centre so he can get at my two protagonits (the male and female ones). This section is proving difficult. Other parts of the novel have featured action sequences which I was quite pleased with, but I'm finding this sustained run of events hard going. I'm just plugging through it, but I reckon it'll need some serious work in rewrites.

BTW, I emailed my 250 word hook that'll be entered in Miss Snark's Crap-O-Meter IV to another blog that serves as a kind of testing ground. It's http://crapometer.blogspot.com/ - writers post bits and bobs for critique and it makes quite useful reading. I wait with baited breath to see how I get on - I'll post as soon as I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home