I had to have a break - Word count 62,115 (wp) 80,000 (pr)

Thursday, November 23, 2006, 10:10 PM

I just racked up another 1000 words tonight after not having touched it for two days. I really had to have a break - I just couldn't maintain that pace. So, night before last I worked on my hook ready for Miss Snark's Crap-O-Meter IV (actually, I completely rewrote it - I'll post both versions here after I post it over at Miss Snark's). Last night I just watched TV and read.

I'd been missing too much sleep, you see. I kept working until the early hours, then I was too keyed up, too excited about what was happening to my characters, that I just couldn't switch off. Now I've got some sort of flu coming on, exacerbated by the tiredness, so it was time to ease off.

So, where do we stand now? We're in the final run up to the oft mentioned antagonist's final ploy. That'll happen within the next 4ooo words, I think. Then it's be the big finish - I'm not sure how long the climax itself will be, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home