A Nice Surprise: The CCV Catalogue

Thursday, February 05, 2009, 9:11 PM



The postman delivered another nice package today, courtesy of my editor at Harvill Secker, Geoff Mulligan. It was the June 2009 CCV catalogue. CCV (Cape Chatto Vintage) is the division of Random House that encompasses Harvill Secker amongst others, including the Vintage mass-market paperback imprint, where I will eventually end up. Anyway, I was shocked and delighted to find that THE TWELVE is featured on the back cover, presumably as a preview for the July catalogue. Needless to say, I am chuffed!

In other news:

Two blogging friends have recently had short stories published online, and I read both stories one day apart, which given the nature of the pieces, may have left me traumatised. These authors are sick puppies, and neither story is for those of a nervous disposition. You have been warned...

Gerard Brennan's Hard Rock, in which sex, drugs and rock'n'roll lead to worse than rehab, is in Issue 29 of ThugLit. Start running a bath now. You'll need it when you're done reading.

Chris F Holm's flash fiction horror piece The Well just appeared at Flashes in the Dark. The claustrophobic among you should proceed with caution.

Labels: , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Stuart.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Stuart, that's fantastic! It sounds like they'll be giving you a pretty serious marketing push. It couldn't be more well-deserved.

Oh, and thanks for the (um...) kind words and the link! I look forward to checking out Gerard's story.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Eyberg said...

All right, more stories. I really enjoyed Brennan's last piece you steered us toward. Keep the good news coming.

9:57 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

So great!

I just got Thuglit delivered. I'm actually honing a nasty little piece for that market right now.

9:58 PM  
Blogger moonrat said...

boooo!!!! thriller of the year, and yet the most important editor in your life (think hard here) STILL hasn't read it!!!! i cannot rejoice. humph.

fine. maybe a LITTLE rejoicing, but im not sure you deserve it.

10:08 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Favorite line: "I didn’t want to become some sort of psycho."

Fucking awesome.

10:08 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

I've read it Moonie. I've lost count how many times I've read it. :P

10:09 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

Outrageously fantastic!

And while we're torturing the Moonrat, I've read it too :-)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Stuart - Thanks a million for the shout out. Your news tops mine, though. There's no way at all The Twelve won't be a hit. I look forward to watching it happen.

Sex Scenes - You're fuckin' awesome. Thanks.

Chris - Brilliant story, man. Horrid, but brilliant.

gb

6:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Damn, Gerard, just read yours, and it was brutal! Twisted, funny, and really damn good. Well done.

7:12 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Yup Chris, downright icky.

Eating spiders. Tre icky. I just sold a story featuring spiders. I wrote it to face my fear.

Thanks to you I just got that crawly feeling all over again.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

ss@s,
I'm going to take that as a compliment, and say thanks. And FYI, my wife kills the bugs in the house, on account of I'm deathly afraid of them. So I guess "The Well" was me facing a fear or two as well.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

That cover is completly awesome. I can kill bugs but I'm not sure if I'll read about them. There aren't any bugs in your book, are there?

4:42 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

so exciting, stuart! that's awesome! and congrats on getting your proofs!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Cool. Thriller of THE Year. The YEAR!!!! Congrats on the prrofs, the catalogue, everything... Peace, Linda

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home