Belfast Confidential: An Evening with James Ellroy

Sunday, August 30, 2009, 3:44 PM


The Demon Dog of American Literature, James Ellroy, is coming to Belfast to put the spotlight on his newest masterpiece, the incendiary BLOOD'S A ROVER. The event, organised by the redoubtable David Torrans of No Alibis, will take place at Belfast's beautiful Waterfront Hall on Saturday 7th of November. Tickets will be available from the Waterfront's box office as well as No Alibis, priced at £12.00.

I have reason to be doubly excited by Mr. Ellroy's visit: I'll be conducting the interview on stage with the Dog himself. I'm not only bug-eyed with joy, I'm also a little bit terrified. I pray the master of the hard word will be gentle with me.

This is a real coup for No Alibis, and Belfast in general, so if you're in town and have the slightest interest in literature, crime or otherwise, you should bag yourself a ticket right now. It's a unique opportunity to see one of the planet's literary giants up close and personal.

I tell you this: Ellroy will be the biggest thing to hit Belfast since Semtex. The Waterfront will tremble at his presence. Offence and outrage are guaranteed. Don't miss it.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

I've got my ticket!

Frickin' great that you're interviewing him.

gb

8:24 PM  
Blogger McKoala said...

So exciting! I'm sure he will be gentle with you...

10:56 AM  
Blogger adrian mckinty said...

Stuart congratulations on the PW review. This is huge! Get it up on the blog immediately! Very, very well done mate.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Incredible! Best of luck, Stuart!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Looks like Mr. Ellroy is giving the show an out-of-town tryout in three weeks in Philadelphia. I'll tell him to be nice to you when he gets to Belfast.
=================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

8:03 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

"Ellroy will be the biggest thing to hit Belfast since Semtex."

Love that last paragraph!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Jacqui Grimes said...

I got my tickets from David Torrens Stuart, delighted to hear you are doing the interview! well done you!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Lorenzo said...

got my ticket too love Ellroy but on 6 attempts have yet to make it thru the cold 6000 can't wait for this tho

He's as scary as hell

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home