Making progress - Word count 19,503 (wp) 25,000 (pr)

Sunday, March 25, 2007, 8:18 PM

The new novel is progressing at a very satisfying rate. It was slow going for a while, there, but it's doing nicely now. I think this is going to be a longer novel than the last, maybe something like 120,000 words using printer's rule, so I don't know how long it'll be until I have a first draft complete. The last novel took ten weeks from start to finish, but this time it's a steeper hill to climb. I passed the hundred page mark today, though, so I have a nice feeling of accomplishment to keep things moving.

Sometimes, when you look at the amount of work it'll take to write a first draft, it seems like an impossibly huge task. But I remind myself of two things - first, I've done it before, and second, I only have to do the same amount of work I've done already three or four times more and I'll have a novel. Looking at it that way, it doesn't seem quite as scary.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home