I hate gardening, but I love gigging

Saturday, March 31, 2007, 6:43 PM

I hate gardening. There's no other way to describe how I feel about it. I hate mowing the lawn, I hate weeding the beds, I hate pruning things. I have a good mind to just concrete over the lot and be done with it. I know this is entirely irrational, but I resent losing precious weekend hours just because the sun decided to show its face. Grrr!

Conversely, I love gigging. Tomorrow evening, I and the singer-songwriter I gig with will play for the first time in ages. We have a few more coming up in April, and I'm looking forward to them too. Gigging is cool (except for those occasions when you get a bad crowd).

Other things I hate, in no particular order...

1)Able-bodied people who park their cars in disabled spaces. How stupid, selfish and ignorant can a person be? They deserve to have their tyres slashed and their licenses revoked. I'm not disabled, and it pisses me off - how angry must disabled folks be about it?!

2)People who leave shopping trolleys in parking spaces instead of wheeling them fifteen feet to the bay provided by the supermarket.

3)People who think it's okay to leave their litter in public places such as cinemas, restaurants, parks, streets, anywhere, because it's somebody else's job to pick it up. IT'S NOBODY'S JOB TO CLEAN UP YOUR CRAP!

4)Paying good money for a product, then having to damage it in order to remove it from its packaging.

5)People who use mobile phones in the cinema.

6)Groups of people who stop to have a conference on the footpath, forcing everyone else to step out into traffic just to get by (this can also be applied to people blocking supermarket aisles).

7)People who abandon their cars when they nip into a shop or other place of business, rather than using a parking space, blocking other people in/out, just to save themselves having to walk an extra twenty feet. I swear, some poeple would drive into the shop if they could.

Okay, I'll stop now before I have a stroke or something. God, I'm turning into a curmudgeon! As you might have guesses, I had to do two things I dislike today: 1) Gardening and 2) Going into town on a busy Saturday.

2 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

It's funny how we can be half a world apart from each other and apparently both our towns have the same annoying people in them! Do you think they get on planes and fly back and forth just so they're in our way and can annoy us??

2:44 PM  
Blogger Stuart Neville said...

Or maybe it's just that 'Stupid' is universal.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home